text install - selecting individual packages?

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 4 14:20:36 UTC 2005

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Adam Williams wrote:
>
>> Hi, I'm installing Fedora Core 4 on a new system.  I am doing a text
>> install, and  [can't pick and choose my packages]

> The feature was removed. I believe that you can select a limited number
> of packages from each group to remove or deselect, but not as before
> with full control.
>
> Jim

That sounds backwards to me. If one is doing a text install, then
my presumption would be that packages are deliberately not being
installed (perhaps a server or sth similar, or perhpas limited disc)
and would make sure the installer had the maximum flexibility in
choosing packages.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.