Fedora Project Competetion?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:57:07 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've heard of CentOS but never looked into it. Now that I have, I'm
> amazed to see that they recommend to users Firefox, and call Koquerer
> and Opera broken! Apparently they have some JS on the homepage that
> does not play well with those two browsers (and Safari, but no mention
> of IE). I don't think that I'd use an operating system that is
> marketed by those same people who can't even put together a standards
> compliant website.

Note that 'marketed by' in this context actually means 'given away freely',
which also means that they aren't wasting your money to hire experts to make
their web site pretty.   I'd say it's a safe bet that the people who update
the Novell and RedHat web sites are not the same as the people building the
OS.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com