dual boot fc4 and rawhide

Craig Thomas cjtinhp at optonline.net
Thu Aug 4 21:30:40 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 11:11 -0500, Xavier Toth wrote:
> I want to dual boot FC4 and Rawhide . So far I've added a second disk
> to my system
> which I recently upgraded to FC4. I actually disconnected the original
> disk and installed FC4 on the new one letting the installer partition
> the disk. Now I've reconnected the original disk and am trying to
> configure grub to allow me to boot off either disk.

I've been through this as well.  I searched the web for while but didn't
find any help.  Lots of noise though. I chose to reinstall the second FC
OS with the new disk _connected_ and let the installer manage the boot
record and partition the free space it found.

I'm positive one could solve this more elegantly with some GRUB magic,
but I am just an apprentice :)

--
Craig