DNS delay with FireFox on FC4

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Fri Aug 5 21:54:35 UTC 2005

Harlan Feinstein wrote:
> Yeah, think I've been having the same issues with FC3... is that possible?  I
> was thinking it was my ISP, but maybe not.

Firefox may be trying to use IPV6 to resolve hostnames.  Unless you know
you need IPV6, you can disable it in the kernel by editing
/etc/modprobe.conf and adding the line:

         alias net-pf-10 off

Then reboot.  That's the only way (short of deleting or renaming the
ipv6.ko module file) to disable IPV6 in the kernel.  The module hooks
into the protocol stack so deeply that it cannot be unloaded, and
even if it is not loaded and configured during network initialization,
any program calling an IPV6 function will cause the module to be loaded.

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.