vertical color bars appearing in menus

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 09:46:19 UTC 2005

On 8/6/05, Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:
> Thanks Rick, but I don't think that's it. I've got two FC4 boxes, both of them
> running the KDE-Redhat packages. One machine was upgraded from FC3 and it's
> the one with the problem. The other was built up from a fresh install. I've
> had a few other folks tell me that they had the same problem, and one found a
> solution by playing with the styles, widgets, and decorations. I've played
> endlessly with those settings, and many others. In all other respects, my two
> FC4 boxes are running identically configured desktops, yet one exhibits the
> issue, and the other doesn't.
>
> Claude Jones
> Bluemont, VA, USA

Maybe if you rename the gnome settings folder, create a new user, then
copy the new users' gnome settings folder (the gnome equivelent of
~/.kde on kde) to your home directory. If that cleans it up, then you
might be able to replace your 'old' files one by one and see which one
causes the bars to return.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/210/gabriel_peter.php
Gabriel, Peter Song Lyrics