FC4 installation problem

Cokey fdepercin at sc.rr.com
Sat Aug 6 18:49:33 UTC 2005

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>Cokey wrote:
>

>>I've tried various install parameters (nofb and the like) in various
>>combinations but haven't
>>gotten anywhere.  I've Google'd and looked in Bugzilla but found
>>nothing.  Doesn't mean there's
>>nothing there, just that I haven't found it.  Any/all suggestions
>>welcomed.
>>

>A very non-expert suggestion -
>but you could try installing from the hard disk.
>
>(Could it be that FC4 does not like your CD drive?
>It wasn't clear to me if the problem occurred
>when the CD check was being run, or if you were skipping it.)

Don't think that's the problem.  OS is booted from the CD by this point
and I believe
the CD is mounted.  Also, while I haven't actually installed it, Suise
9.1 boots into it's installation
GUI after loading all drivers which wouldn't happen if there was a
problem with the drive.

Cokey

believed to be clean.