manually configuring bridging on FC4

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Aug 8 03:42:54 UTC 2005

Paul,
    I finally gave up on trying to configure a simple bridge
and used firestarter instead. The problem I ran into with the
simple bridge approach is that my external network access is
through a Linksys WMP54-G wireless card using ndiswrapper.
While this works great for the external network access, it
doesn't support promicuous mode making it impossible to
access the DNS servers from the internal bridged network.
Firestarter avoids this problem since it is a gateway using
NAT.
               Jack