FC4 md5sum

Anthony J Placilla anthony_placilla at SUTH.COM
Tue Aug 9 12:40:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 13:23 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Linux Beginner wrote:
> > Team
> >
> > I downloaded FC4 from http://fedora.redhat.com/download (i386
> > iso)
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/
> >
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/SHA1SUM
> >

> > and verified the chksum with http://www.toast442.org/md5/.
>
> The checksums are SHA1 sums, not MD5 sums. You'll need a different
> program. Search for one called "sha1sum".
>
> > The two donot seem to be matching. I burned the iso to CD but
> > when i am booting with the CD it does not seem to be recognizing
> > the CD;
>
> Does your CD contain one large file (wrong) or multiple files and
> directories (right)?
>
> Paul.

Various Windows programs that can do SHA1 checksum verification can be
found in the links in this posting

http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Where_can_I_find_sha1sum_program_for_Windows%3F

Make sure that in whatever CD burning app you are using you choose "burn
a disk image" or words to that effect.

--
Tony Placilla, RHCT
anthony_placilla at suth.com