Centralized users database

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 16:48:24 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 10:24, Samuel Díaz García wrote:
> Hi all, I'm working in a FC4 server and I want to have a centralized
> user's database.

Usually when people say this they mean across multiple machines.  This
means a network system like NIS or LDAP.

> The idea is to validate users only one time.
>
> I want to centralice users for these services:
>
> 1) Shells (ssh, telnet)
> 2) Ftp (vsftp)
> 3) Samba
> 4) web
> 5) radius
> 6) LDAP
> 7) mail
> 8) mysql, posgresql
>
> I want to allow users only validate one time when accessing over all
> network services and only have to add user 1 time, not add the user in
> all services. With his/her e-mail account, ftp account, web access into
> private webs pages, etc...
>
> Any appointments, how-to's, tutorial to allow integrate all users and
> only have to maintain one user database?
>
> I prefer an step by step guide if anybody knows that.

But this looks like you have a single machine providing all these
services.  For all the services that have files under
/etc/pam.d
the consolidation is already done.  You'll have to drop in
the apache mod_auth_pam module which for some reason isn't
included: http://pam.sourceforge.net/mod_auth_pam/ for web
access - or if everyone has a local password you can just
give apache read access to the /etc/shadow file.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com