Looking for Open Source trouble ticket solution

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Tue Aug 9 17:41:54 UTC 2005

James Marcinek wrote:
> I'm looking for an Open Source trouble ticket application and want to know if
> anyone has any recommendations? LAMP or java based will work. I would prefer one
> that is geared up for external customers but I would also be interested in ones
> that are designed an internal organization. Any feedback would be great.

Hi James,

My organization utilizes "helpmeict"[1].  It is primarily used
internally by support staff across 40+ sites.  We are an .edu supporting
~5500 employees and 60k+ students.  We have an "anonymous" page that
anyone can use to create/submit tickets, but ticket creation is
primarily handled by support staff.

The software has been *heavily* modified to support our systems and
architecture.

HTH,
-j

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/helpmeict

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jeremy at linuxwiz.net>

"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."