Another YUM question..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 9 17:59:17 UTC 2005

I have  recently started doing things with YUM which is raising questions.

I am listing my /etc/yum.conf in its entirety and from this I am wondering how
YUM knows that is might want  to go to  yum.repos.d to get anything??

Can anyone show me how the system knows this?

# Note: This file is no longer the entire yum configuration
# for fedorafaq.org. See http://www.fedorafaq.org/#yumconf
# for details on how to set up your system with the new
# yum configuration.

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=redhat-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
# We don't want to gpg-check local, unsigned packages
#gpgcheck=1
# Changed this because some mirrors go down and then
# re-trying takes forever.
retries=1
timeout=10

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d
[ve1drg at mach3 etc]$