D-Link 2100 AP no hijacking and extended = )

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Aug 11 18:31:07 UTC 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 1:11 pm, . m a r c o s a u g u s t o wrote:
> I counter-posted a question about how to make this AP work.
>
> I not understanding....I found http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
> but.. it is only for pci and usb cards, right ?
>
> My AP is connected throught the normal lan RJ-45 cables....a need to
> install drivers for this ?!?!?
>
> can't I just tell him to act like DHCP and share the internet connection ??

There are many ways to do what you want. Others may have other suggestions. A
very easy way to do it is to configure Firestarter. It's a GUI for your
iptables firewall rules, and it also let's you easily configure routing and
DHCP. If you choose this path, you should not turn on DHCP in your access
point. Also, after you start Firestarter up you should turn off the security
settings that come built in to Fedora. In KDE you go to System
Settings/Security Level and turn the built-in firewall off. After you've done
that, quickly turn off, then back on your Firestarter - that will flush all
the old rules out, and install the rules you've set in Firestarter...

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA