OT: Book to teach Logo?

Andrew Jordan aj at dapcourt.com
Fri Aug 12 10:16:50 UTC 2005

> akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
>
>>On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:44:53PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>

>>>Can anyone suggest a book to help an elementry level child learn logo
>>>with KTutle? I'm leaving a computer with FC4 and KTurtle installed for
>>>my 9 year old bro, and would like to give him the opportunity to explore
>>>Kturtle.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>Talking about being a day too late. Just yesterday I through out my
>>Logo book since it had been out of fashion for so long.
>>

> I had posted this very question earlier, but originally the subject like
> was "Book to teach KTurle"
>
>>It seems to me Harold Abelson and his daughter wrote a book on Logo.
>>
>>Searching for Logo programming on Amazons web site found several books
>>but not may readily available.
>>
> I saw them, but most seemed targeted at adults. I was hoping for
> something simple, and well written enough that a motivated child could
> follow without assistance.
>
>>Logo was one the great ideas of the
>>last century. We it went down in flames is beyond me. Do you know
>>about the Lego constructions that could be controlled in Logo?
>>

> I heard about the Lego which was programmable, didn't realised it used
> Logo.

Here's an interesting piece of trivia : the Lego Mindstorms product line
was named after Seymour Papert's famous book "Mindstorms: Children,
Computers and Powerful Ideas".  Seymour Papert was one of the inventors of
the Logo computer language.

Regards,

Andrew.

=====
Dapcourt Ltd., Oracle Applications Consultancy
http://www.apps-experts.com