installed kernel.2.6.12 srpm, how do I remove all of it

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Aug 14 18:19:46 UTC 2005

H. S. enlightened us with the following gems on 08/14/2005 12:11 AM:

> Hi,
>
> To install nvidia driver, I had to download kernel srpm
> (kernel-2.6.12-1.1372_FC3.src.rpm).
> 1. Then I installed this using "rpm -Uvh <rpm name>"
> 2. The I did: "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS# rpmbuild -bp --target=i686
> kernel-2.6.spec"
incidentally did you know that the livna repository maintains RPMS of
the nvidia kernel modules?
http://rpm.livna.org
when set up -
yum install kernel-module-nvidia-`uname -r`
(alternatively substitute a specific kernel version for the uname -r part)

they have consistently worked for me - the only time I have had to mess
around with the nvidia installer for custom desktop kernels when I was
playing with beagle. which were badly packaged kernels anyway. :-)

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX
If you don't see why, please stay the fuck away from my code.