Firefox text not centered in boxes

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:06:06 UTC 2005

On 8/16/05, Jonathan Ryshpan <jonrysh at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Often web pages include a graphical box in which some text is supposed
> to be displayed.  And very frequently Firefox does not center this text
> in the box vertically.  The easiest place to see this is in Google maps,
> where the texts "Map", "Satellite", and "Hybrid" are way below center in
> their boxes, part of the text appears outside the box on the bottom, and
> the very bottom part of the text is not displayed at all.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?  Does anyone know a cure?
>
> Thanks - jon

I also see the text too low on my machine. It's CSS with the pixel
height defined, so there's not much you can do.

Do you need a cure as a designer or as a user? If you need a cure as a
designer this is not the list. If you need a cure as a user then go to
getfirefox.com and bugzilla it. Copy the code below in your bug:
height: 19px; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; padding-top: 1px;
z-index: 1; font-weight: normal;">Satellite</div>

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/324/manson_marilyn.php
Manson, Marilyn Song Lyrics