Need help: PCMCIA plug->freeze->unplug->nothing happened

D G davidgalv at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 16 17:30:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am using the kernel 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4, the PCMCIA slot is Texas
instruments PCI-1410 and the card is D-Link DWL-650+ . I think that the
driver for the card is not installed. The driver for the slot is installed
and powered by yenta-socket.

After inserting the card, the card LED becomes "half lit", the system
freezes and it does not execute any order, either from the mouse or from the
keyboard. After removing the card, the system executes the orders given
during the freeze, and behaves as if nothing had happened: no messages in
dmesg or in /var/log/messages.

If I boot Fedora with the card inserted, it freezes when probing for the
hardware (this step is prior to activating PCMCIA); after removing the card,
the boot process continues normally.

Maybe that is because the drivers for the card are not installed, but I
think my problem is prior to that, because I looked up the driver
installation, and it told to probe for the card chip with the card inserted.

Any idea?

Thank you very much,

David