YUM UPdates problems

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 17 11:45:11 UTC 2005

Shamim Haider wrote:
> I have enabled the base , and this is the serror I am getting ,
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/3.92/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Accept-Ranges: bytes
> can anyone help me

You are running Fedora Core 4 Test 3 (FC3.92). That explains why you had
"development" enabled. It would have been useful to have mentioned this
before.

To be honest I would suggest reinstalling from scratch, as your system
may have all sorts of weird packages installed. However, if you want to
try to salvage things, try this:

# rpm -Uvh
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/fedora-release-4-2.noarch.rpm

(that's one long line)

Then try "yum update" again, making sure you have "base" and
"updates-released" repos enabled, and the "development" repo disabled.

Paul.