Strange behaviour Firefox?

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Thu Aug 18 11:19:37 UTC 2005

While working on a new website, I came acoss something strange with Firefox...

Please take a look at the picture from this link:
http://img41.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc58&image=3d0_overview.jpeg

The first image (part of) is a single layered image (.png or .jpg), crisp and without any blury "jpeg" artifact. When that image is placed inside a html file, Firefox shows it like a bad jpeg image and it's got a lighter coloured background (?), see the 2nd image. If watch the same page on a machine running Windows 2000/Internet Explorer, it shows perfectly...

How is this possible? And more important... how to solve/prevent this?

I tried it with Firefox 1.0.4. And upgrading to 1.0.6 didn't help either.
Can't remember it happening with older versions though....

Regards,
PatrickM