ClamAV and Sendmail on FC4

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Aug 19 15:35:26 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 19.08.2005 schrieb Justin Willmert um 2:40:

> >>     INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`clamav',
> >>`S=local:/var/run/clamav-milter/clamav.sock, F=, T=S:4m;R:4m')dnl
> >

> > Where do you place that line inside /etc/mail/sendmail.mc? The location
> > matters. Place it right after the last "define" statement. The line
> > itself is proper.
> >

> I did have it near the beginning of the file with all of my other edits
> I've made. This is the first one to ever create problems for me, so I
> had no idea order mattered that much, but I guess it does make sense
> when you think about it. I think I'll more all my other edits toward the
> bottom just to be on the save side.

So you reordered your custom changes and now all is working properly? I
guess so.
At the bottom of page

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/intro.html

you find some general instructions about ordering for m4. A common error
is to append custom settings below the (by default setups) final MAILER
definition lines in sendmail.mc. If the custom changes are meant to
influence mailer behaviour than these changes will not take place.

> Thanks so much for your help Alexander,

You are of course welcome.

> Justin

Alexander

Serendipity 17:28:45 up 11 days, 3:18, load average: 0.29, 0.24, 0.18