usb mass storeage device and gnome-volume-manager

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 20 15:48:55 UTC 2005

Jonathan G. Underwood wrote:
> I am finding that (with FC4) when I plug in my USB mass storeage device,
> it's mounted automatically and an icon appears on the desktop (using
> Gnome). I presume that this is g-v-m doing it's magic and automounting.
> However, it's being mounted read only, and is being shown as belonging
> to root. How do I change this so that it is read-write automatically?

How are you logging in? Do you have any root sessions open? Do you boot
into runlevel 5 and then just log in normally?

Which device is created? (For me, it's normally /dev/sda1.)

Which kernel are you running?

For me, it *does* just work...

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Anonymous:          What do you think of Stainer's
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |                     "Crucifixion"?