Playing nsv streams in mplayer

R L fedora26 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 03:28:37 UTC 2005

I am having th darndest time trying to play a nsv live stream (as used
in winamp) in mplayer.  I have also tried Xine.  When I try to open a
live stream on the mplayer command line, I get this:
Cache fill:  0.05% (4176 bytes)    Win32 LoadLibrary failed to load:
avisynth.dll, /usr/lib/win32/avisynth.dll,
/usr/local/lib/win32/avisynth.dll

I have downloaded all the windows codecs I could find and put it in
/usr/lib/win32.  Still no avisynth.dll.  Opinions?

Is there any other programs I can use to play live winamp video
streams on?  I'd like to us mplayer or Xine.