libc.so.6: Cannot open shared object file: Permission denied

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Aug 22 06:50:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-21 at 22:06 +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Tony Nelson wrote:

> >>[ ... ]

> >>No, this is *obviously* not a normal file permission problem. And the
> >>.so file is *of course* not missing. Please read my original message again.
> >>

> >Try relabeling SELinux?
> >
> >    # touch /.autorelabel
> >
> >and then reboot.
> >

> Yes. That helped. Thanks!
>
> I'm not sure I understand why, though. Care to explain it? (SELinux is
> quite new to me..)

If you have ever booted with SELinux disabled (or share a Linux
partition with a different distro that doesn't use SELinux), you will
have unlabelled files on your system. Accesses to these files from
SELinux-protected apps won't work properly. Relabelling fixes the
labels.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>