ALSA/emu10k1: surround OR digital out?

Thomas Zehetbauer thomasz at hostmaster.org
Tue Aug 23 00:04:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am desperately trying to get surround sound working here. I have
- Creative Labs SB Live! 5.1 (emu10k1) card
- digital/SPDIF/coaxial connection
- Cambridge SoundWorks DTT2500
- linux-2.6.12.5
- alsa-lib-1.0.9rf-2

Digital and analog sound basically works. I can play music on the front
speakers or headphone and I can even play DVDs in DolbyDigital 5.1 with
ac3 passthrough.

Unfortunately I could not even get the rear/center/LFE connectors of my
card to work until I discovered the following page:
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=emu10k1

Now I can either enable the 'SB Live Analog/Digital Output Jack' switch
and use the SPDIF connector to my DD5.1 surround system OR mute this
control and access/unmute the rear/center/LFE channels. Using analog
cabling is not an option as the DTT2500 has no connector for the
center/LFE channels.

Tom

--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.