Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Tue Aug 23 04:57:08 UTC 2005

> As I am in the market for a new notebook, I was looking at the HP site
> on the weekend and there were no linux ones then.
>
> We have a couple of people using Linux on HP notebooks but I haven't
> had a chance to talk to them yet.

Yes, not on their website yet.
I'm trying to choose between Inspiron 6000 and HP ze2000z for a gift.
ze2000z has:
    AMD Sempron(TM) 2800+ (1.6GHz/256KB L2 Cache)
    and ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M

6000 has:
    Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
    Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics

I think ze2000z processor is better, but i heard bad things about ATI
RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M on 64-bit laptops: like no 3D. Is it good on
32-bit ones?

Thanks.