Problems Installing FC4 iso on Windows

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Aug 23 07:17:40 UTC 2005

Craig Preston wrote:

>This may sound silly, but you have burnt the iso as an image onto the CD
>and not just made a data CD that contains the ISO file?

	Just to clarify, if, under windows, you open the CD from "My Computer", do you see just 1 file named FC4-i386-disc1.iso? <http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/FC4-i386-disc1.iso> if so you need to burn the CD as an image.  Usually if you right-click on an .iso icon you will have an option to burn as image (this works in Nero and Roxio, YMMV).

Scott