Mailing List software

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:12:23 UTC 2005

On 8/23/05, Jonathan Allen <jonathan at barumtrading.co.uk> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen said:
> >
> > Hi all. I have to send the exact asme email to 16 people, with each
> > one thinking that he is the only recipricant. Until now, i had been
> > opening new windows in kmail and copying-pasting the text into each
> > one! But I think that I need mailing list software.
>
> Majordomo is your friend - an easy to use ASCII list of email addresses,
> configurable control and pretty easy on machine resources.  I use it for
> several lists between 3000 and 7 people and it works a treat.
>
> Jonathan

Majordomo seems to need a webserver...
Is there an easier way of setting up a apache, sendmail, mysql, and
php than reinstalling the OS? I am on FC4 and don't want to lose my
current setup. I found a post in TFA (marc) that deals with the
subject, but all attempts to burn a backup with k3b have failed me. I
have tried tao, dao, and auto methods of burning, but each time it
fails. I have the output, but that is a different thread! Can I yum
install these services?

Thanks.

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/445/sepultura.php