Mailing List software

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:38:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 07:09, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Robin Bowes <robin-lists at robinbowes.com> wrote:
> >
> > For just 16 people you can simply put their addresses in the BCC field.
> >
> > R.
>

> They get the message without thier name in the To field. I already had
> four of them ask why. It is important that thier names be on the To
> field.

Mailing list managers normally put the name of the list in
the 'To:' field (as this one does).  For larger lists it is
important to be able to many destination addresses at once
for the mail 'envelope' so they are delivered efficiently
and the headers don't show all the destinations of that
same copy.  Mailman would be the obvious choice for that
kind of list.

The qmail-based ezmlm sends one copy at a time.  I'm not sure
if it adjusts the To: header on each message but you might
check that.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com