Starting mysql and sendmail

Paul Lemmons Paul.Lemmons at tmcaz.com
Tue Aug 23 22:08:59 UTC 2005

service mysqld start

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Dotan Cohen
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:34 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Starting mysql and sendmail

Hi list,
I just installed php, mysql, apache, and sendmail from Add Packages,
using the FC4 disks. I have got apache up and can serve php pages on
localhost. I need to access mysql and sendmail, and am having little
luck finding information on the web.

I started apache with "service httpd start" and sendmail with "service
sendmail start" but "service mysql start" isn't quite working. How is
mysql called? Also, I need to add a user to mysql, but even the
tutorial on the mysql assmes that a user was created in installation,
and does not show how to create one! How can I create a user? The
answer is not in man mysql or man mysqladmin. I asked in the mysql
list about two hours ago, but I have yet to recieve a response. I am
not impatient, but I figure that _may_ be on-topic enough for this
list, as I surely am not the first to install mysql from the FC4
disks.

Although I get no output when I start sendmail, I cannot send mail
using php's mail() function. No error, but no mail. Also, no error in
the apache log. Should I ask what to check on the php-general list, or
is it on-topic here? If so, what to check?

Thanks everybody!

Dotan
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/166/doobie_brothers.php
Doobie Brothers Song Lyrics