Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Thu Aug 25 03:28:48 UTC 2005

Andrew Jordan wrote:

>I'm a little late coming to this thread and it might already have been
>mentioned, but I'd have no hesitation in recommending a Tadpole Talin
>laptop.  I've been using mine solidly for the last 18 months with no major
>problems (currently FC4 [but, prior to that, FC3, FC2 and FC.])  It came
>pre-loaded with Sun's Java Desktop thingummy, which was okay...  Tadpole
>also do a smaller laptop which can be bought in a dual-boot configuration
>with XP also pre-loaded - this is quite a departure for a company who have
>traditionally been quite anti-windoze.  Their website is at
>http://www.tadpolecomputer.com
>
>Regards,
>
>Andrew (no financial interest in Tadpole, other than being a satisfied
>customer!)
>
>=====
>Dapcourt Ltd., Oracle Applications Consultancy
>http://www.apps-experts.com

Wow, i didn't know such companies existed anymore. :)
Andrew, would you be so kind to say how much it cost you? They only do
this by phone, and i'm considering making the purchase of a big-name
brand tonight, because of some silly weekday promotions some companies
have. Would hate to miss out on this opportunity.

Thanks.