Need More iptable Rules

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Aug 25 13:50:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 09:42 -0400, Greg Swallow wrote:
> On: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:47:45 +0930 Tim Wrote
>
>  > Otherwise, you can use the (security level) GUI tool, and just add in
>  > the ports you want to trust.
>
> Ok, in Desktop> System Settings> Security Level Configuration and it
> wants 'port:protocol, port:protocol.' I have port 631 for ipp; i.e.
> Internet
> Printing Protocol and port 548 for afp; i.e. AppleShare. but Fedora will
> not take ipp or afp as protocols. Any ideas folks?
>
> Specs on these and other ports/protocols at the following url:
>
> http://support.stat.ucla.edu/view.php?supportid=39

----
# grep 548 /etc/services
afpovertcp      548/tcp                         # AFP over TCP
afpovertcp      548/udp                         # AFP over TCP

# grep 631 /etc/services
ipp             631/tcp                         # Internet Printing
Protocol
ipp             631/udp                         # Internet Printing
Protocol

Craig