Printing a man page.

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Thu Aug 25 18:40:19 UTC 2005

On Thursday, Aug 25th 2005 at 17:23 +0530, quoth Vikram Goyal:

=>Hello Guys!
=>
=>How does one prints a man page with a descent looking font.
=>
=>I printed one man page with this command:
=>man  allec | col -b | ul -t dumb | lpr
=>
=>but the output page was in very small font size. How does one control
=>font here?
=>
=>Thanks
=>--
=>vikram...

Sheesh! I just read all the other answers on how to print man pages. (I
should charge for this stuff.)

groff -pte -man manpageFileName | lpr
       || \----------------process with eqn
       |\------------------process with tbl
       |-------------------process with pic

groff already defaults to -Tps output.

Then you get the printed output as God intended it.

Try this:

gunzip < /usr/share/man/man1/man.1.gz | groff -pte -man | lpr

steveo at syslang.net