gnome-panel crash/restart circulating

Petr Fischer petr.fischer at praguesoft.cz
Fri Aug 26 19:32:44 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson píše v Čt 25. 08. 2005 v 17:46 +0100:
> Petr Fischer wrote:
> > after login into my gnome desktop, gnome-panel crash dialog occurs and
> > this situation repeats forever - this is really annoying behavior
> >
> > how do I reset gnome-panel settings? is this necessary?
> then
> > Should I reinstall fedora (like windows) or kill all my gnome settings
> > (.gnome2 & .gnome2_private folders - ugh) or install CentOS for better
> > stability or what?
>
> I bet it's annoying. Try adding a new test user and logging in as test
> user: that will give you a handle on whether it's user settings or
> program corruption.
>
> Unless you have hardware problems, the worst case scenario should be
> re-installing the appropriate RPMs.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James.

Thanks for your answer James. It is only "user settings" problem (test
user is OK). But which user settings - in gconf-editor is a bunch of
settings in (gnome) panel section. How to clear (delete) gconf settings
in "panel" node?

RPM reinstall (rpm -Uvh --force gnome-panel...) do nothing with the user
settings - no solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks, pf