Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Sat Aug 27 05:29:57 UTC 2005

Reshat Sabiq wrote:

> Yes, not on their website yet.
> I'm trying to choose between Inspiron 6000 and HP ze2000z for a gift.
> ze2000z has:
>    AMD Sempron(TM) 2800+ (1.6GHz/256KB L2 Cache)
>    and ATI RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M
>
> 6000 has:
>    Intel® Celeron® M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz/1MB Cache/400MHz FSB)
>    Integrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics
>
> I think ze2000z processor is better, but i heard bad things about ATI
> RADEON(R) XPRESS 200M on 64-bit laptops: like no 3D. Is it good on
> 32-bit ones?
>
> Thanks.

I'm not considering ze2000t. Tadpole is a little pricie, but might be
valuable for those who don't want to install Linux/XP manually.

Any feedback on Linux on ze2000t would be welcome. It uses Integrated
Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics which appears to work on Inspiron
6000, so i think it should be a good buy.