Sharing files between two Linux partitions

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Aug 28 17:31:28 UTC 2005

Paul Smith enlightened us with the following gems on 08/28/2005 05:47 PM:

>>>Thanks, Stuart. The result is:
>>>
>>>$ grep home /mandriva/etc/fstab
>>>/dev/hdb6 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
>>>$
>>
>>you're welcome
>>in which case, if your personal files are all you wish to share then
>>you should
>>mount /dev/hdb6 /mandriva
>>or possibly /mandriva/home
>

> And to have it done at startup, what should I add to my fstab file?
>
> Paul

practically a copy of the /mandriva/etc/fstab line:
/dev/hdb6 /mandriva ext3 defaults 1 2
or
/dev/hdb6 /mandriva/home ext3 defaults 1 2
(if you want to keep /mandriva mounted as it currently is)

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX
printk(KERN_ERR "scsi%d: !!BINGO!! Falcon has no lock in