OT - my domain must have become a spammer's source

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 29 02:11:23 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 08:17 -0700, Lokrin wrote:
> I also have several people using my domain name for sending their
> spam.  My ISP says that it is a common practice (email spoofing) and
> they won't punish me in any way for it.  I get about 500 bounces a day
> and just have them automatically rejected via spam assassin.

I had someone do that to me, once.  At the moment I have my mail server
set to not respond, at all, to messages coming to my domain that don't
exactly match a real address.  So that using faked addresses
fraudulently with my domain doesn't leave me with a lot of bounce
messages from failed spam.

Of course this means that anybody trying to e-mail me and typing my
address wrong won't know that they made a mistake.

I read messages from the public lists.