Rebooting in the desired partition

Jack Spaar jspaar at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 30 23:17:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:11:36 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:

> On 8/29/05, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there someway of rebooting in the desired partition, i.e., is there
>> some command to reboot in Mandriva or in MS Windows (coming from FC4)?
>
> I am thinking about rebootin, which comes with Mandriva. Is there
> something similar for FC4?
>
> Paul

I wrote a script for Fedora called bootnext, which is apparently similar
to rebootin.  It'll show a menu of boot choices to reboot into without
changing your grub default.

Description and rpm here:
http://www.geocities.com/jspaar@sbcglobal.net/pub/bootnext/index.html

Note - it uses a graphical menu, and doesn't have a text-only mode.

--Jack