]OT] http-authorization:

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 2 08:11:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 11:35 -0800, Don Russell wrote:
> As long as requests go through a cgi, I can check the cookie... but
> what if it's just a plain html document? I want to make sure the
> cookie is there/valid. (Thinking out loud.. maybe I can force all
> requests through a cgi)

That generally (always, in my experience) makes it slow to use a server.
Every request needs parsing in a more cumbersome manner, and you can't
navigate back and forth through what you've cached because most
webmasters seem to not care about letting caching work sensibly.

I read messages from the public lists.