Java plugin?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 22:59:26 UTC 2005

On 12/2/05, Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com> wrote:
> Paul Smith wrote:
>
> >Locate the directory containing the Firefox directory. Inside the
> >Firefox directory, there is the directory "plugins". Go into it and
> >
> >ln -s /usr/java/jre1.5.0_05/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >
> >Above, change
> >
> >/usr/java/jre1.5.0_05/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
> >
> >according to your Java location.
> >

> Cool. It works. Thanks. :)
>
> --
> Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce at gmail.com>
> Homepage: http://mcpierce.multiply.com/
> "Bury me next to my wife. Nothing too fancy, though..." - Ulysses S. Grant

Instead of using the Firefox directory create the link in the "
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins " directory. Why? This is a universal search
location for Mozilla based browsers. The Mozilla, Netscape, and
Firefox browsers look there for additional plugins and components.
Create plugin links in one directory instead of multiple directories.
Also, when you upgrade Firefox (applies to all the Mozilla based
browsers) the link will not get broken.

Note:Upgrading the J2SDK will also break the link. You will need to
recreate the link each time you upgrade.