basic operations

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 03:43:53 UTC 2005

On 12/3/05, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 15:08, Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:
> > Windows give freedom to install new programs any where, including
> > default. In a way this flexibility is good if one nears full capacity
> > of the partition.
>
> How do you move the registry?

 Simply, I don't want to move registry. OK but why would I want to do that?
The basic reason for relocating the programs is to be able to cope with a
partition nearing full capacity.

>  Under Win, almost all programmes can be relocated some way after
> > install or by re-installation. Under Linux rigid rule "not
> > relocatable" is prevalent.
>
> What does that mean in relation to files?  I've only seen it
> used in terms of libraries where it means it is compiled for
> static linkage.

There is no need to - disturb / play with - the basic requirements of a
working OS. I would not want to move ../system32 for /usr/sbin older again
he basics of the objective are clear.

--
> Les Mikesell
>    lesmikesell at gmail.com
>

> --

I do not mean to offend Linux lovers including myself, but kindly be
generous and sporting.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama