(Re-)enabling up2date

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Sat Dec 3 18:31:52 UTC 2005

Thanks - But: (A) before I did something silly,
up2date worked just fine - with fedora, on this system.
So it wasn't just for redhat enterprise commercial --
I just broke the association with Fedora.  It must
be possible to undo what I broke... (Yes, I feel
appropriately stupid.)

This was a plain install (+ patches till I broke them)
Of FC3 - not an upgrade from an earlier version.  (The
poor machine was suffering under Windoze till then.)

I rather liked having an icon that turned red when there
were updates ready, and 2 or 3 clicks later, the files
downloaded and installed.

On the other hand, I don't mind learning new tricks.
What's the corresponding yum magic for "find necessary
patches current inventory; download, & install"?

Thanks.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.