moving /home

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Dec 5 02:54:06 UTC 2005

On Sun December 4 2005 9:20 pm, Craig White wrote:
> at any rate, /var/log/messages should give you a clue what the problem
> is.
touch /.autorelabel didn't change a thing
var/log/messages looks clean as a whistle

This is quite a mystery. When I have the new drive mounted, I get to the login
screen, put in my info, it flashes to the familiar blue background for a
moment, then the display goes black, and after a few moments the login screen
returns.
The only thing in var/log/messages is some cdrom failed to open messages
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA