moving /home [Solved - HowTo]

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Dec 5 17:54:01 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 08:49, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 09:29 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
> > 5) Copy the contents of current home folder to the new drive:
> > 'cp -a/home/* /mnt/mynewhome'
>
> Missed a space in there, should be:  cp -a /home/* /mnt/mynewhome
>
> I'm not sure if that also preserves SELinux contexts, though.
>
> --
Appreciate all your help. I'll wait a while and see if anyone else spots any
other typos, and post one last howto for posterity. Coming from managing
Windows worlds for 20 years, many of these concepts took some relearning of
basic assumptions - first I had to realize that it was my basic assumptions
that were the problem, so this was very useful for me.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA