Problem with Apache on FC3(2nd Time Post)

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 04:58:27 UTC 2005

hey friends,

 I was trying to configure postfix with starttls and was also configuring
squirrelmail.
I added few lines for squirrelmail to redirecting the traffic from port 80
to port 443.The port redirection is working properly but now I am not able
view some of the directories like isoqlog and few other directories.

I get this message when I try to view isoqlog or  few other directories.
Softwares like webmin are working properly means I can use them through
browser.
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /isoqlog on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.
------------------------------

SELinux and IPTables are disabled on this sytem.

Lines added in the httpd.conf for port redirection.
<VirtualHost *:80>
       ServerName localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/html
        RewriteEngine   on
        RewriteCond     %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
        RewriteRule     ^/webmail(.*)$ https://192.168.1.68/webmail$1 [L,R]
        RewriteLog      "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
        RewriteLogLevel 4
</VirtualHost>

Moreover I am getting this in the httpd/error.log

[Tue Dec 06 18:55:47 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.68] (13)Permission
denied: access to /index.html denied

Even after disabling squirrelmail and port redirection in httpd.conf the
problem persists.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover