Sound from two machines to one set of speakers.

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 8 09:37:12 UTC 2005

Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:53 PM -1000 Chris Stark
> <cstark at hawaii.edu> wrote:
>
>> It sounds like you already have your KVM, but if you would rather not
>> invest in a mixer, you may want to consider getting a KVM with audio.
>> They seem pretty common these days.
>

> Anyone seen a KVM capable of handling 5.1 sound? Mine has the single
> green (front stereo) jack, but it would be nice if I could switch all
> the channels and retain the Surround capability.

Well, if ONE PC has 5.1 surround, why not just use it's front speaker
plug in the KVM only?

Your centre, rears and subbie will remain connected to the 5.1 PC, and
hence play surround audio.

When you switch the KVM to your PC, the surround sound 5.1 is active,
when switched to the other PC(s) on the KVM, the front speakers respond
to those PCs instead?

Is there anything wrong with my logic? Seems simple to me.

Regards,
Ed.