OT: Gmail and reading this list

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Dec 10 17:37:13 UTC 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 09:24, James Wilkinson wrote:
> Claude Jones wrote:
> > While this is not an FC4 issue, I wonder if anyone else has this issue,
> > and has found the solution. When I use my Gmail subscription, messages I
> > send to the list are not sent back to me.
>
> Works for me, and I'm getting list e-mail through gmail (although I'm
> obviously not using a gmail.com account to post).
>
> One thing to check: visit the link at the bottom of each e-mail,
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list , and log in using
> the bottom text-box (click "Unsubscribe or edit options").
>
> Somewhere towards the middle of the big page of options is "Receive your
> own posts to the list?"
>
> Check that's set the way you like it...
>
> James.

Thanks, James, and also, Don. To be clearer, I don't read my mail in the gmail
web interface. I use forwarding, and forward the mail to my regular account.
I almost never open my gmail web interface as all messages are forwarded to
my regular email account (in case anyone is wondering, I do this because my
main email is a business account with a pathetically small mailbox and if I
don't check it regularly, it fills up and starts rejecting messages - since I
belong to many mail lists, that's easy to do.)

There would be no problem if I read from the web interface, but I hate reading
mail that way, and prefer to have an archive in one place (actually, multiple
places) of my mail. I keep an archive on at least three different machines,
and often search the mail for posts that I read on some problem that didn't
pertain to me at the time, but am currently running into.

My settings for all the lists I belong to are set to send me my own posts. I
don't think there's a solution to this, but I was hoping someone had found a
workaround.

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA