VNC program with 'remote browser' feature

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 15:48:13 UTC 2005

On 12/12/05, Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 01:03:11PM +0200, Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote:
>
> > if u have java installed on your system.[and all other required stuff]
> > just run #vncviewer.
>
> No, you don't need java to run the native VNC viewer.  The original
> question was about using a web browser on a machine with no VNC
> software installed, and details of how to do this can be found in the
> Red Hat Magazine articles referenced earlier in this thread.
>
> Tim.
> */

Thanks. I just returned home and wanted to play with the vnc. The
start command didn't work:
[root at localhost ~]# service vncserver status
Xvnc is stopped
[root at localhost ~]# service vncserver start
Starting VNC server:                                       [  OK  ]
[root at localhost ~]# service vncserver status
Xvnc is stopped
[root at localhost ~]#

So now I will go through those aritcles and see what I can do. Red Hat
magazine goods like a good read- wonder that I haven't flipped through
it before.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/why_are_internet_greeting_cards_dangerous.html