kernel-module-madwifi for 2.6.14-1.1644 and 2.6.14-1.1653 failures

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:19:10 UTC 2005

Warren Sturm wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 14:27 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
>
>>Warren Sturm wrote:
>>
>>>Your best bet would be to checkout the cvs version and compile it
>>>yourself.
>>>
>>>cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/madwifi co madwifi
>>>
>>>then cd to the madwifi directory
>>>
>>>make clean
>>>make
>>>make install
>>>
>>>Works for me on an old Panasonic CF47 with a Cisco Aironet (atheros based).
>>>

>>Unfortunately, all I got was an error message that said that "uudecode"
>>was not found--whatever that is.
>>

> 	Make sure sharutils is installed
>
> 	In my case I have sharutils-4.2.1-27

Good news. I installed sharutils, and then tried again with the madwifi
cvs download, using the command you gave above.

For anyone else thinking of doing the same thing: make sure you are
running the particular kernel that you want to build madwifi for. (I
also have the kernel-devel package installed.) And when you're done with
the installation (I executed all those commands as root), restart the
machine. In that way, and only that way, the new driver will find the
device and load it as usual.

Now--I /can/ use the current kernel with that interface.

Temlakos