Webcam drivers (fuji)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 10:32:13 UTC 2005

I have a Fuji Finepix 5500. On the wife's WinXP box we are able to use
it as a webcam- the system recognized the camera ands uses it. As
expected, Fedora Core 4 does not do this out of the box, however, I
need to know how to set up Fedora to use the camera.

Usually when I plug something into USB I can mount it in KDiskFree. I
do not see the camera there. When I switch the camera on, it goes into
webcam mode, so I know that it 'sees' Fedora.

The Fuji website does not have anything even remotely concerned with
Linux. Is there a way to make the camera work on Fedora?

Thank you in advance.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/how_much_memory_will_i_need_for_my_digital_camera.html