router metrics

Steven J Lamb redhattedsheep at adiis.net
Fri Dec 16 21:19:06 UTC 2005

I am looking a way to determine how much CPU / memory utilization I will
need for a machine that  I am using for a router. I am planning on routing
about 10 Mb of traffic through this box and I would like to use some type of
bandwidth monitor. On it as well. I know my question is kind of vague,
however my question may be better phrased this way. how do I determine how
much CPU/memory is used when I am only routing traffic. My intention is to
use FC4 and iptables for my routing. Does any one know what kind of
information I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

Steven Lamb