How to do xhost + machine:0.0 on bootup

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather3.admin.niu.edu
Fri Dec 16 22:20:43 UTC 2005

Hello all,

Quick question. I do some X applications that run after I boot up.
I know, I can use Xvfb and then run it on window 1 or greater, but I have
found that under heavy load, that sometimes crashes, where as 0 works
every time.

But, I have to physically be at the machine and type:

xhost + machine.something.com

on a terminal window to get it to work. I tried putting it in
my rc.local file but that doesn't work, saying it can't connect to a
window or some such thing. So, gurus, anyone willing to take a stab at
this?

Thanks for any help!